SINA Nuclear medicine center Endocrinology applications:
- Thyroid scan (for evaluation of thyroid nodule, retrosternal goiter, ectopic thyroid, Differentiation of thyroglossal duct cyst from ectopic thyroid)
- Whole body iodine scan(for detection of metastasis from differentiated thyroid carcinoma)
- Parathyroid scan (For detection of parathyroid adenoma)
- Radio-iodine treatment of patients with hyperthyroidism.
- Radio-iodine ablation of patients with thyroid carcinoma(After thyroid surgery)
- Follow up and further treatment of patients with thyroid cancer.
- Adrenal medullary scintigraphy with MIBG (for detection of location of pheochromocytoma)
- DMSA V scintigraphy for detection of metastases from Medullary thyroid carcinoma